Saturday, August 21, 2010

How long until I can wash my hair after a relaxer?

I am getting a relaxer tomorrow after work at 600pm and want to get it washed, set,blown out and have two tracks put in on Friday afternoon (130pm) for a weekend trip out of town. Will this be okay or will it mess up my relaxer?How long until I can wash my hair after a relaxer?
I usually washed my hair about 3 days after I got a touch-up, when it was time to wash out the hairstyle and gel/spritz. Sometimes I washed it the very next day if I didn't like the hairstyle or hated the stickiness from the spritz that was used. It didn't do anything to my hair. You have to apply heat, like a flat iron or curling iron to get it straight again. Just mind the heat so you don't get heat damage. But, anytime you wash or get your hair wet then it can poof and frizz. You can't wash a relaxer out of your hair, so you're okay, it's just that it won't look fresh unless you flat iron it after washing. Also, notice that after your beautician washes your hair she uses heat in some form (blow dryer, curling iron, hooded dryer, flat iron, etc) - this is to get the ends straight, the roots will be straight because of the relaxer, but the ends will be poofy and frizzy without heat. This is normal.How long until I can wash my hair after a relaxer?
A week. It's good to wash your hair every 2 weeks if your hair doesn't get dry easily or coarse. Some people think every has to wash their hair everyday, but that invites lice. If your hair gets flaky from dandruff use natural oils and scalp treatments. But washing your hair after a relaxer, wait at least a week or two. Two weeks is good since it's a fresh relaxer.
You will be fine. You want to wait at least 3 days to shampoo after any kind of chemical straightening (or perming.) If you are still concerned, you can always ask your stylist and they should give you the answers to any questions you have.
wait a week i usually wait a month and my grows a inch long every month if i oil it

No comments:

Post a Comment