Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is chemical straightening as damaging to hair as a relaxer?

I want to use a relaxer on my hair because my hair is pretty curly and frizzy, it鈥檚 not that long just a couple of inches, is relaxing your hair as damaging as the chemical straightening?? Cause if it is I might as well chemically straighten it鈥?Is chemical straightening as damaging to hair as a relaxer?
Relaxing is chemical straightening. Do you mean flat ironing VS relaxing? they can both be damaging, but relaxing is more so. Even if you take good care of your hair the harsh relaxer chemicals will eventually take a toll and your hair will break. Chemicals also leave your hair weaker and more prone to breakage. People who relax experience constant breakage that keeps their hair from reaching very long lengths.Is chemical straightening as damaging to hair as a relaxer?
Relaxing is chemical straightening but i have no problems with it,I actually relax my hair myself and i have long hair.I just apply the relaxer to my roots only.But for your first time the relaxer has to be applied to the whole head.If you need any tips or more information You can watch ladies relaxing their hair on youtube and you can always contact a stylist.
Hello! I've been there. My hair is long and curly and a lil frizzy. I did relaxing but they iron it straight but curl only the end by blowing it.





my before pic


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/A鈥?/a>





and after


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/A鈥?/a>





it's worth it but make sure you get a good salon. let it be a lil expensive but it's worth it. I touch up the roots every 4 to 5 months :D

No comments:

Post a Comment