Friday, August 6, 2010

Is Relaxers bad for African American hair?

Writing an essay about relaxers and whelter my culture(African American) should stay natural or relaxed...by the way...I got my first relaxer at age 6 and now I am having second thoughts on getting one now that I am 17...so is it bad and should I continue to get them? Thanks!Is Relaxers bad for African American hair?
it's your choice. I'm not African American, but my hair texture is very similar. I had one a couple years ago, and my hair never got damaged from it. It's probably better not to, because natural is always safest, but it probably won't hurt if you like it better relaxed.


Mine? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>Is Relaxers bad for African American hair?
Take it from me ! i used hair relaxers at the barber and it was even he expensive kind and after a year of using em i had a bald spot at the back of my head.... alopecia areata or w.e caused by the chemicals.... and now 7-9 months later it still didnt grow... it growed a bit. if ur gona do it then do it once only ! and then dont do it again
Its really bad for your hair. I havent had one in a while and when I tried it again last year, sopme of my hair broke off. I also had some of my hair scab up and it felt like a clp in my hair but it was really my scalp. My advice? Dont get it. Find an alternative.
i have a relaxer , it hasn't harmed my hair at all . ive bin getting it since 7th grade(in in 10th now) .. my hair just keeps getting longer .. so i guess that makes me Pro - Relaxers =] loll
Lots of harmful chemicals, which is why you can't get them while pregnant.
they're bad
  • dermalogica
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment